There’s a lot of push and shove going on in your mind, and you’re the one who’s getting pushed around. Too often, your inner voice beats you up and forces you into a corner. And after it knocks you down, it doesn’t stop the assault. It just keeps pummeling you with more negative and depressing thoughts.
If you are going to break the back of negative thinking, you must do some pushing and shoving of your own. You will have to pump some mental iron and deliver a knock out punch to all the negative thoughts that have been giving you such a hard time. You are going to have to strong arm your mind.
What do I mean when I say, “Strong Arm Your Mind?”
It’s really quite simple. Instead of just sitting there taking mental abuse, you are going to strike back and give your mind a push in a positive direction. Instead of your negative thoughts pushing you around, you are going to start pushing back, and there are dozens of ways you can do it.
Although you may feel like you have puny mental muscles, the truth is you are stronger than you think. In addition, God is on your side, and He will give you all the power you need to win this battle if you are willing to take the fight to the enemy.
When negative and depressing thoughts start their game of push and shove, here are some things you can do to push unwelcome thoughts out of your mind.
1. Use Positive Graphics to push your mind in a positive direction. When negative thoughts raise their ugly head, immediately decapitate them with Positive Power Graphics.
2. Surf the Positive Thinking Network which contains hundreds of websites packed full of positive power.
3. Listen to inspirational messages from Dr. Dave on Positive Thinking Radio.
4. Look at photographs of your dreams. Visit PositiveGram and PositivePix to get started. The battle against depression is won on the battlefield of focus, and you need to focus on your dreams. You need to project your dreams on the motion picture screen of your mind. You can do this with still photographs or video footage. I looked at a picture of Bora Bora for years before I actually arrived there on my own yacht. Your mind loves to think in pictures, so give it something positive to look at. It will instantly push your mind in a positive direction.
5. Turn on Power Music and listen to the sound of your dreams. Visit Positive Christian Rock to listen to alternative rock band Too Many Drummers. Music creates an internal fireworks display that’s fun to experience. When you listen to music, your entire physiology changes, and you start marching to the sound of your dreams. Preselect music that pushes your mind in a positive direction. When the voice of negativity starts its assault, drown it out with positive music.
6. Listen to inspirational recordings. Positive Thinking Podcasts, Positive Christian Podcasts, and Positive Self-Talk contain hundreds of inspirational recordings that you need to have in your mind. Listening to inspirational recordings the first thing in the morning is like buying an insurance policy that guarantees you will have a good day.
7. Perform a mind transplant using a Positive Book. Underline positive passages in your Favorite Inspirational Books, and whenever negative thoughts start their assault, read through the passages you have underlined.
8. Write your way to a positive mind. Take a paper and pencil and start copying Positive Thoughts From Inspirational Books. The act of writing will focus your mind on the positive thoughts you are putting on paper.
9. Talk about positive things. Visit Positive Self-Talk to get started. What you talk about expands into your life. Discipline yourself to say at least two positive things to everyone you meet.
10. Love yourself as you are. Visit Real Power: Maxing Out On God's Love. God loves you and accepts you as you are, and you should too. If it’s good enough for God, it should be good enough for you.
11. Act as if you are a positive person. To become a positive person, you must do the things positive people do. You have to do it before you can feel it. When you act as if you’re a positive person, it’s not long before you become one. Practice doesn’t make you perfect, but it does make you more positive. Live as if you are a positive person and practice being positive each day of your life.
12. Live as if you are a forgiving person. Living as if you are a forgiving person is the only way you can ever become one. You have to do it before you can feel it. You must practice forgiveness until it actually happens. Practice doesn’t make you perfect, but it does make you more forgiving. Live as if you are a forgiving person and practice forgiveness each day of your life.
13. Live as if you are a loving person. To become a loving person, you must do the things loving people do. You have to do it before you can feel it. When you act as if you’re a loving person, it’s not long before you become one. Practice doesn’t make you perfect, but it does make you more loving. Live as if you are a loving person and practice being loving each day of your life.
14. Repeat positive self-talk to push your mind in a positive direction. Maximum Strength Positive Thinking is jam-packed full of positive self-talk that you need to have in your mind. Repeat the positive self-talk until your mind starts repeating it back to you.
16. Perform physical exercise. Vigorous physical exercise releases endorphins that have a mood elevating effect. For several hours after the exercise, your sense of well-being is unequivocally positive. The exercise doesn’t have to be vigorous; even moderate levels of exertion have a positive effect.
17. Go for a walk in the park. A walk in the park or a small hike can be a positive experience that cleanses the mind of negative thoughts. People who are shut-ins simply blossom when they get outside in the fresh air. Their world suddenly expands, and they feel as if they have been released from prison. It’s like the dawning of a new day or the onset of spring after a long hard winter.
18. Open your heart and mind to the Positive Power of God’s Love and get a completely new way of thinking and feeling.
19. Practice God’s presence each moment of the day. The power and presence of God in the world is love. Whenever you see love, you are seeing God’s hand at work. When you pass on God's love to other people, you experience God's presence and power.
There are plenty of things you can do to push your mind in a positive direction, and none of these things are high tech or cost a great deal of money.
Strong arming your mind is mainly a matter of self-discipline; you don’t need to be a genius or to talk to a therapist to push your mind in a positive direction.
When you feel down and depressed, you may be so overwhelmed by the voice of depression that you believe you can’t do any of the things listed above. And if that’s the case, don’t try to do them all; only do a couple of them. You’ll probably be surprised to find that after you do two or three, you will be able to work your way further down the list, and before long, you will start feeling better.
Today is a great day to strong arm you mind and give it a mighty push in a positive direction.
Dr. Dave is the Encourager In Chief of the Positive Thinking Network. He believes there are no limits. There are only limiting beliefs. Dr. Dave is committed to make a positive difference in your life. The wheel of change always turns in the direction of what you put into your mind, and Dr. Dave and the Positive Thinking Network have the resources to turn your life in a positive direction. It's time to develop a persistently positive focus so that you can have a consistently positive mind. It's time to change your world.
The best place to get your daily dose of positive thinking is The Positive Channel. Positive thoughts are just a click away. This is your opportunity to change the way you think and feel about who you are and what you can do with your life. If you want to change your life, you must first change the way you think. When you change the things you think about, the way you think about things changes. When you change the things you talk about, the way you talk about things changes. Your new life starts today when you start putting positive things into your mind.
Overcoming depression is hard, perhaps the hardest thing you will ever do. But if you want to have a mind free from depression, nobody can stop you. Your emotions are a reflection of your thoughts. When you change your thoughts, your emotions automatically follow. You don't have to battle the negative and twisted emotions echoing in your mind. Instead you need to learn how to change the way you think, and your emotions will naturally take care of themselves. The challenge you face in depression is to change the way you think. If you want to change the way you think and feel, you are going to have to change your inner dialogue. You are going to have to talk to your mind in a different manner. A persistently positive focus creates a consistently positive mind. The battle for a positive mind is fought on the battlefield of focus. In order to break the back of depression, you will have to learn how to persistently and consistently control your mental focus. Zero Tolerance to Negative Thinking is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
Change first happens in my mind. Whatever I am or ever will be is first found in my mind. In order to have a new life, I need a new way of thinking. Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
I can change who I am by changing what I put into my mind.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
Although I can't control all the events of my life, I can control what I put into my mind. I have sufficent control over my mind to shape the outcome of my life in a way that reflects my goals and aspirations.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
I have an infinite number of future lives that I can live, and the way that I run my mind determines which of them it will be.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
No matter how positive my life is, thinking negative makes it worse. No matter how negative my life is, thinking positive makes it better. No matter what happens, I choose to think positive.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
Every problem has a silver lining, and when I solve the problem, I get to keep the silver lining. The more problems I solve, the richer I become.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
When I focus on a thought, I force my mind to look in the direction of that thought. When I consistently focus on it day after day, my life moves in that direction. The focus of my mind expands into my life.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
If I am having trouble getting permission to do the things I want to do, I need to take a look in the mirror. The person in the mirror is the only one who can give me permission to go for my dreams.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
A positive mind is not an accident. It's the product of positive mental focus. A persistently positive focus creates a consistently positive mind.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
I am the only one who can change my life, because I am the only one who can change my mind.Zero Tolerance To Negative Thinking
Maximum Strength Positive Thinking tells you what to say when you talk to your mind, and what to say when your mind talks to you. You have a lot of things to discuss with your mind, and Maximum Strength Positive Thinking tells you what you should be talking about. You don't need to spend years searching for empowering ideas that make it possible to live your dreams. It's already right here in a self-talk format. The Law of Positive Self-Talk states, "You can change who you are by changing what you say when you talk to your mind." If you don't like what you hear when your mind talks to you, you have the power to change the message. Although the wheel of change turns slowly, it always turns in the direction of what you put into your mind. When you fill your mind with positive self-talk and more than one-hundred Power Graphics, your life improves by leaps and bounds. Maximum Strength Positive Thinking is now available in eBook Format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble. Make your life better today by putting Maximum Strength Positive Thinking into your mind.
The Owner's Manual for Your Mind contains thirty-one Change Principles that empower you to make a life. You no longer worship at the altar of security, content to only make a living. The Change Principles show you how to make a life. Don't timidly tiptoe through life waiting to go for your dreams. You have only one life. The clock is ticking, there are no timeouts, and there is nothing to wait for. Today is the only day you can make your dreams happen. Seize the day. Live as if you are a great person. Renew you mind with positive and empowering thoughts. Achieve excellence in at least one area of your life. Adopt zero tolerance to negative thinking. Don't accept any limitations. Never quit working on your dreams. The Owner's Manual for your mind is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble. Don't just make a living. Instead make a life using the thirty-one Change Principles found in Owner's Manual for Your Mind. There are no limitations. There are only limiting beliefs.
God is love and works by love. The power and presence of God in my life is love. Every time I see love, I see God's hand at work. Every time I feel love, I experience God's presence and power. When my mind is full of thoughts consistent with God's love, my thoughts are healthy, and my mind is exactly the way God means for it to be. When my heart is full of emotions consistent with God's love, my emotions are healthy, and they are exactly the way God means for them to be. There is no limit to how good my life can become when I open my heart and mind to the power of His love. God loves and accepts me the way I am, but He loves me to much to let me stay that way. He loves me from the top of my head to the tip of my toes, and it does not get any better than that. For the rest of my life I will max out on God's love. Real Power: Maxing Out on God's Love is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
Positive Christian Self-Talk is as much about God as it is about you. The self-talk contained in this book is designed to change your life. You learn to think the way that God thinks and speak the way that God speaks so that your self-talk has real power. It's time to get in agreement with God about who you are and what you can do with your life. It's time to speak your new life into existence. Jesus said, "As you believe, so shall it be done unto you." Jesus was talking about positive expectations. You don't get what you want, you get what you expect. It doesn't matter if your expectations are positive or negative, you still get what you expect. If you want positive self-talk to work in your life, all of your self-talk must be forged in the fires of positive expectations. It's time to jump into God's ocean of love and have a life changing experience. Positive Christian Self-Talk points your life in the right direction and gives you the power to make the trip. Positive Christian Self-Talk is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
Too many people have a false model for change. They try to change their life by trying to change their life, and that is the recipe for failure. They are skipping all the steps that make change possible. Big changes don’t involve tweaks. They involve jumps. This book contains quantum self-talk that you need to have in your mind so that you can make a quantum leap to the next level. One hundred Power Graphics make it easy to put positive self-talk into your mind. The power of positive repetition is immense, and when your mind starts repeating quantum self-talk back to you, hang on tight, because you are ready to make a quantum leap to the next level. You have thousands of quantum leaps to make in your life, and quantum self-talk is a great place to start. Happy quantum leaping. Quantum Self-Talk is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
Many people believe change is impossible. Most of the time they are confusing personality with personal behavior. The basic human personality is relatively constant over time, but human behavior can and does change. Personal change happens when people change the way they think. I have numerous patients formerly addicted to meth, cocaine, heroine, and alcohol, who escaped their addictions without ever going to rehab for treatment. They simply arrived at a point in their life where they no longer wanted to be prisoners of their addictions. They had experienced enough misery to last ten lifetimes, and they said no more. They changed their belief about who they are and what they can do with their life, and they became a different person who was chemical free. I am grateful to those patients, because they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that people in the worst circumstances can and do change. Because of them, I am committed to helping people change their lives one belief at a time using positve self-talk. Positive Self-Talk Yellow Book is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
Mark Twain wrote, “Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts or happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thoughts that is forever blowing though one’s head.” Mark Twain was right. Life consists mainly of the storm of thoughts that blow through your mind. The events of life can be trivial, tragic, and even monumental in nature, but the events themselves have little power. It’s the storm of thoughts about those events that controls our lives. Surviving the storm of thoughts is how we spend most of our time. No matter what we do, the storm still blows, and to a significant degree shapes our lives. Surviving the storm is something we do every day all day long. An entourage of thoughts accompanies each event in our lives. Those thoughts can be positive, negative, or most likely, something in between. Those thoughts are the battleground where we come to our agreement with life. Those thoughts define who we are and what we can do. You need to learn how to control the storm of thoughts blowing through your mind. Positive Self-Talk Gold Book is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
You can change who you are by changing what you say when you talk to your mind. Just be sure you are speaking a language your mind understands. Your brain speaks to you in its own language, and if you speak to it in the same way, it immediately responds in a powerful fashion. That’s why change proceeds most rapidly when you talk to yourself using the language of the mind. If you don’t speak the language of the mind, you may as well stop talking until you learn it. The three most powerful components of the language of the mind are images, sounds, and emotions. When my brain wants to get my attention, it does not send a text or an email. It blows me away with sights, sounds, and emotions. If you want to get your brain’s attention, you need to do the same thing. Send a message full of sights, sounds, and emotions. Start speaking the language that your mind understands. Positive Self-Talk Silver Book is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
Living small serves no great purpose. Living as if you are a great person is a powerful idea that changes lives, and those who take it seriously change their world. Living as if you are great means you live as if your dreams are possible and work each day to make them happen. You act as if you cannot fail. In order to live as if you are great, you have to think the way great people think, talk the way great people talk, and act the way great people act. Great people think, talk, and act their dreams into existence. If you ever become great, it will be because you think great thoughts, repeat great self-talk, have great expectations, and act as if you cannot fail. Some people wrongly believe that change is impossible. Leopards don't change their spots, and zebra stripes are forever. But people are different. People change their stars. They change their stripes, and their spots disappear in an instant of time. That instant happens the moment they develop positive expectations and believe they have the power to change. Positive self-talk and positive expectations can take you anywhere you want to go. Positive Self-Talk Purple Book is now available in ebook format at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
A persistently positive focus creates a consistently positive mind. The same is true of your self-talk. It must be persistent, positive, and specific to have maximum impact. Lack of persistentce has laid more dreams to rest in the cemetery of failure than any other cause. There is zero chance that you will succeed on your first attempt. If your dreams are great, You will fail again and again on your way to the top. Before you can be great, you have to be good. Before you can be good, you have to be bad. Before you can be bad, you have to try. Millions of people stop at try. Thousands get stuck at bad. Hundreds quit at good. A few go all the way to great. If you don't have persistence, you willl never make the trip from try to bad to good to great. Positive Self-Talk Red Book helps you develop a persistently positive focus so that you can develop a consistently positive mind. More than one-hundred Power Graphics contain powerful thoughts that you need to have in your mind. Positive Self-Talk Red Book is now available at Amazon, iTunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble.
Although I like the feel of a paper book in my hand, I love trees even more. When people purchase an eBook, they actually save trees and save money as well. Ebooks are less expensive and have no negative impact on the environment. All of Dr. Dave's books are available at Save A Tree Bookstore. Visit the bookstore today and start putting good things into your mind. It's easy to fill your mind with positive things using eBooks. No matter where you are or what you are doing, you can pull out your smart phone or tablet and start reading. You can even use electronic highlighters and make annotations in your eBooks just like paper books.